In 1869, a man named L. Lewis Sagendorph fulfilled his ambition to begin his own company that would produce the finest metal products in America. He called his fledgling business the Penn Metal Corporation of Pennsylvania, and began by making steel culvert pipe on Oregon Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Over the years, Penn Metal's product lines broadened to include lockers, shelving and even aircraft landing mats. A reputation for quality fabrication spread, and the company's influence became nationwide. In the 1950's, the name was shortened to Penco Products and the plant and offices were expanded to a modern facility in Oaks, Pennsylvania, near Valley Forge, PA.
In 1994 the company added a manufacturing plant in Salt Lake City, Utah, which now serves as our Center for Design Excellence. The center is a specialized product development facility where Penco has combined design, engineering, manufacturing and marketing resources to collaborate with customers and vendor partners in the early stages of product development.
In 2001, the East coast manufacturing facilities were moved from Oaks to a 375,624 square foot manufacturing facility in Hamilton, North Carolina, allowing significant room for expansion. The corporate headquarters is located in Greenville, North Carolina.
Located on Stonehenge Drive in Greenville, NC