Pilot John International is a privately-owned company whose mission is to be the premier supplier of aviation parts, supplies and service to private and commercial aviation entities. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional knowledge, an efficient experience, and excellent service.
Position Summary: PJi seeks an experienced individual as Service Coordinator for our Greenville, NC headquarters to support our mission of providing exceptional service to the aviation industry. As an integral member of the PJi team, the Service Coordinator works to assist our GSE Service Team, Field Service Team, and all departments in managing customer repairs and field service visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform for the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for coordinating all incoming customer repairs
- Responsible for entering work orders, creating quotes to be sent to customers for approval, ordering parts, and customer communication on work order status
- Creates and sends invoices to customers once work orders have been completed
- Coordinating with logistics on incoming and outgoing work orders
- Coordinating with product support team for entering and scheduling warranty repairs
- Assists sales team with entering work orders and service questions
- Be a point of contact for the service department when we are handling work orders issues
- Including but not limited to - work order task issues, internal work order approvals, adding equipment to the inventory, deleting equipment that is being scrapped
- Assists product support team to efficiently schedule field service repairs
- Responsible for booking field service travel and accommodations
- Documenting what is needed on the field service repair so the service technician is fully prepared when they take a call or arrive onsite
- Creates and coordinates work orders for items needing to be sent out for calibration
- Responsible for tracking internal items for calibration
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following;
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instructions. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for their own actions.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Quality - Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes. Measures key outcomes. Sets clear quality requirements. Solicits and applies customer feedback.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and professionally with various departments as well as customers, vendors, contractors, and other audiences.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to exceptional customer support.
- Experience using Apple computers.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to participate in PJi travel as needed.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Advanced understanding of Google Suite applications and Office applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Communication/collaboration tools (Google Meeting, Zoom, etc.).
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Background Check and Drug Screening:
All job offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check. In addition, PJi is a Drug Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in PJi’s employment policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is both a fundamental principle and a core value of PJi. Employment at PJi is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws - which is reflected in all of PJi’s policies regarding hiring, training, promotions, transfers, salaries, and other forms of compensation.
PJi’s is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (252) 585-4553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Let's Get Started - Apply Now
Please set aside 15 minutes of undistracted test-taking time. Testing is required as part of the application process for this position. Once your testing is complete, your application will be considered fully submitted. You'll be contacted directly if you are selected to move forward with the process.