Carolina GSE is seeking an Accounts Specialist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience in a similar accounting role. Excellent computer and communication skills are a must, as is the ability to research and resolve problems.
Key Job Duties include, without limitation, the following:
- Support of accounting processes (e.g. customer and vendor invoice processing, expense invoice processing).
- Enter AR payments.
- Sort, register, scan, and store invoices, checks, and other documents.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
- Develop and maintain reports to help monitor outstanding balances and payment trends.
- Implement processes for new and existing customers, including working with the sales team to determine credit limits and payment terms.
- Assist in implementing projects to promote better efficiencies in accounting.
- Balance the need to fulfill fiduciary responsibilities while providing top-notch customer service to customers.
- Initiate collection calls and follow up on delinquent customer accounts to maintain customer payment habits within established payment terms. Resolve collection issues with customers.
- Identify accounts receivable issues in timely reports and work with appropriate departments to resolve.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data and ensure payroll data calculations are correct.
- Process, validate, document, and automate the semi-monthly payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business area is preferred
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Analytical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Proficiency in computer skills along with Excel, PowerPoint, and Quickbooks
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to set priorities and manage time
- Must work well within a team and individually
Our Offer to You:
- Competitive pay rate based skills and experience.
- Medical Benefits after 90 days.
- Standard business working hours - 8 hour days / 5 days a week
- Paid vacation time & specific holidays after 90 days.
The job offer will be contingent on passing a background check and drug screening.
This is a great opportunity to work in a new upbeat environment and a growing company.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside the box. We don't just accept diversity, we support it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers, and our company.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
Job Type: Full-time