Without effective leaders no amount of money, resources or talent will ever achieve sustainable success for any organization. Being an effective leader is especially challenging because, unlike managers who have influence due to the authority of their position and title, leaders are influential because people choose to follow them.
In this course, participants will work with a set of key leadership competencies that contribute to superior performance. These leadership skills and behaviors will assist anyone in being an effective leader, one that others readily and enthusiastically follow.
Who Should Attend:
Managers, Supervisors, and HR Professionals. This workshop is a great development opportunity for high potentials or future leaders identified in the succession planning process. Anyone who wants to grow and develop as a leader, no matter what role or position within an organization.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discern the differences between leaders and managers
- Identify characteristics of effective leaders
- Define credibility using five credibility factors
- Describe ten leadership competencies
- Develop a leadership vision that reflects their commitment to being an effective leader
- Apply leadership competencies to manage a current leadership challenge
- Create a plan for developing their leadership effectiveness